Wondering what to drink on the keto diet? You’re in luck! Here you’ll find a list of low-carb drink options to enjoy on the ketogenic diet. Plus, learn how to make low-carb fruit-infused water, keto-friendly coffee drinks, and keto cocktails.
WHAT TO DRINK ON THE KETO DIET
It’s really important to drink water, especially on the keto diet. But let’s face it, sometimes drinking straight tap water it can be plain boring. To help, I’ve put together a list of tasty beverages that you can enjoy on the keto diet.
Here is a list of the best beverages to drink on the keto diet:
- Flavored seltzer, like La Croix
- Fruit-Infused Water
- Coffee, hot and iced
- Tea, hot and iced
- Keto-Friendly Milk Alternatives
- Bulletproof coffee
- Hot chocolate
- Diet Soda
- Bone Broth
- Keto Smoothies
- Keto-Friendly Alcoholic Drinks
And, on the other side, here is a list of the worst drinks on the keto diet:
- Milk (12 grams per cup)
- Beer (13 grams per can)
- Soy milk (15 grams per cup)
- Kombucha tea (10-15 grams per serving)
- Orange juice (26 grams per cup)
- Regular Soda (39 grams per can of Coke)
- Energy drink (40 grams per can of Red Bull)
- Frappuccino (50 grams in a Tall Frappuccino)
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT-INFUSED WATER
Drinking more water is one of the easiest ways to feel more energized. If your plain old water could use a little oomph, try making keto-friendly fruit-infused water.
Fruit-infused waters are a great alternative to plain water because they taste amazing and they’re made with healthy ingredients like berries, vegetables, and herbs.
The simplest way to make fruit-infused waters is to add all of the ingredients to a large infuser pitcher, and let it steep in the refrigerator for a few hours — or even overnight. The longer it sits, the more flavorful the water will be.
To take fruit-infused water on the go, you can try one of these water infuser bottles. That way, you’ll always have a delicious keto drink with you when you are at work or school.
Here are some of my favorite keto-friendly flavor combinations for fruit-infused water.
- Strawberry Cucumber: Add a sliced strawberry and a few slices of cucumber to water.
- Blackberry Basil: Add a few blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil to water. You can even muddle the berries and basil for more flavor.
- Lemon Mint: Add a few slices of lemon and a sprig of fresh mint to water.
- Lime Ginger: Sort of like a Moscow Mule, without the alcohol. Add a lime wedge and a slice of fresh, peeled ginger to water.
- Grapefruit Rosemary: Add a slice of grapefruit and a small sprig of fresh rosemary to water. Rosemary can be a strong flavor, so start with a small amount.
KETO-FRIENDLY WATER ENHANCERS AND DRINK MIXES
Another way to flavor your water is to add keto-friendly water enhancers and drink mixes.
You can find water enhancers that come as liquid drops or as powdered mixes. Look for water enhancers and drink mixes that contain zero calories and sugar.
Some popular water enhancers brands are:
- Mio drops: A lot of different flavors to choose from. Also comes in an Energy variety with added caffeine.
- Skinny Girl: Naturally sweetened, and comes in flavors like Blueberry Acai and Pineapple Coconut.
- Sweetleaf Stevia drops: Sweetened with stevia.
- True Lemon powder sachets: Real crystallized lemon, without added sweeteners.
- Crystal Light: Easy to find in your local grocery store.
- Stur: Sweetened with stevia and flavored with real fruit extracts.
- Propel powdered mix: Also provides some electrolytes and vitamins.
Some water enhancers are sweetened with stevia, and some contain artificial sweeteners like sucralose and acesulfame potassium.